8 chicken drumsticks
1 heaping Tbsp. of black beans and garlic sauce (available in supermarkets)
1 heaping Tbsp. of spicy ginger and garlic sauce (available in supermarkets)
1/2 c. of rice wine
1 small head of broccoli
1 small head of cauliflower
* Cook the chicken in a non-stick frying pan until it renders fat and the skins start to brown (if a non-stick pan is unavailable, brown the chicken with about two tablespoonfuls of vegetable cooking oil).
* Add the sauces and stir to coat each piece of chicken.
* Pour in the rice wine. Cover than pan and braise for 20 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is done and the sauce has been reduced to about two tablespoonfuls.
* While the chicken cooks, cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Blanch in boiling salted water for five minutes, drain then plunge in iced water.
* Place the chicken on a platter and surround with the vegetables. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Serve at once.