7,303 guests

Tagged in Journal Online: pnp

Drug-using cops

DIRECTOR-General Ronald “Bato” M. dela Rosa, chief of the 170,000-strong Philippine National Police (PNP), has fired a total of 160 policemen found positive for substance abuse since last year. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Various quarters believe that the PNP leadership’s nationwide campaign against drug-using police officers and men is…

65 PNP men lost in war on drugs, 70 others injured so far -- ‘Bato’

THE Duterte government’s total war on drugs is also taking its toll on the Philippine National Police with 65 policemen already dead and 170 others wounded since the force launched an all-out crackdown against illegal drug trafficking and abuse across the country in July 2016, PNP chief, Director General Ronald…
  • Published in Nation

Albayalde allays fear of terror attack

Director Oscar Albayalde of the National Capital Regional Police Office (NCRPO) yesterday allayed fears of terror attack in Metro Manila, saying the Philippine National Police remain in full red alert status while the condition continue to be normal and peaceful. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Albayalde, in press conference, said…
  • Published in Metro

Korean missing while hiking in Mt. Province

CAMP Dangwa, La Trinidad, Benguet -- Korean national Choi Sungkyu was reported missing while hiking in the mountainous of Mt. Province. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Investigators said Choi has no record that he was in Sagada on or before his reported disappearance. He was monitored to have arrived at…

PNP: No ‘state-sponsored’ drug killings

THE Philippine National Police leadership yesterday insisted that there is no such thing as ‘state-sponsored’ killings in the country in the wake of a Reuters’ report that police have received cash payments for executing drug suspects, planted evidence at crime scenes and carried out most of the killings they have…
  • Published in Nation

These PNP tips will protect you

THE Philippine National Police yesterday released anew basic safety reminders and tips that will protect the entire public, not only the students as regular classes resume this week in Metro Manila and other parts of the country. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The PNP headed by Director General Ronald ‘Bato’…
  • Published in Nation

Hail brave Pinoy soldiers, policemen

LATEST reports said government forces have already recovered 90% of Marawi City from the hands of the Maute group. It won’t be long before the war-ravaged place is completely liberated from the terrorists which we hope are annihilated by our brave soldiers and policemen. But the remaining 10% area still…
  • Published in Opinion

Reds harass Botolan police station, PPSC

SUSPECTED members of the New People’s Army (NPA) attacked the Botolan Provincial Police Office (PPO) and Provincial Public Safety Company (PPSC) before dawn yesterday in Zambales. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Reports from Police Regional Office (PRO) 3 director Chief Supt. Aaron Aquino said the incident occurred at 1:01 a.m.…

VACC denies asking PNP to stop drug war

THE Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) yesterday denied asking the Philippine National Police to totally stop its war on drugs in the wake of the involvement of some police officers in illegal drug-related activities. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); VACC founding chair Dante Jimenez made the clarification amid reports…

Why Gen. Año may not be the next DILG chief

I HEARD from many high-level sources that although President Duterte last May had announced that Armed Forces chief and Mindanao martial law administrator General Eduardo Año will be the next secretary of the Department of Interior and Local Government, the 4-star general who will be retiring from the service this…
  • Published in Nation
Subscribe to this RSS feed