Home>News>Nation>2 cops, 2 sisters die in separate fires

2 cops, 2 sisters die in separate fires

TWO policemen and two sisters died in separate fire incidents in Camp Crame and Quezon City yesterday.

A fire hit the Philippine National Police Logistics Support Service compound in Camp Crame around 2:30 a.m. yesterday leaving two policemen dead and another hospitalized although he was already reported to be in stable condition as of press time, the Journal Group learned.

An initial investigation showed that two members of the PNP Special Action Force identified as Captain Victorioso Yulde and Staff Sergeant Nichol Jamosjos were sleeping inside their barracks located at the PNP-LSS Transportation Maintenance Division compound when the fire suspected to have been triggered by faulty electrical wiring broke out.

The two PNP-SAF troopers are assigned to man a SAF V-150 Armored Fighting Vehicle stationed inside Camp Crame.

A report said the deputy chief of the LSS-TMD identified as Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Vinluan first heard a bursting sound near their gate prompting him to check. The official later saw fire and smoke billowing at the back of the parked V-150 vehicle prompting him to sound the alarm while using the readily available fire extinguisher in an effort to put out the fire.

A PNP fire truck immediately responded and later put the fire under control. However, one member of the Base Fire Section identified as Master Sgt. Amado Ormillon Jr. was electrocuted after touching a live wire in the area and hitting his head on the steel bunks.

Colleagues of MSgt. Ormillion said that the latter, equipped with a fire extinguisher entered the area and tried to carry one of the two SAF commandos outside but unfortunately touched a live wire. The impact caused him to hit his head on the steel bunks being used by the SAF troopers.

“I even heard MSgt. Ormillion shouting on the radio that the fire is already under control tes some 30 minutes after they arrived in the area,” said one of the base fireman’s colleagues. Ormillion, a known hardworking base fireman left his wife and three children.

The fire was officially declared under control 3:06 a.m.

Investigators said Cpt. Yulde and SSgt. Jamosjos suffocated from the smoke. The two and MSgt. Ormillon were brought to the PNP General Hospital’s emergency room where Ormillon was pronounced dead at 3:59 a.m.

Jamosjos was declared dead three minutes later by an attending physician.

Yulde was reported to be already in stable condition as of press time, said a PNP National Operations Center report.

PNP chief, General Debold M. Sinas has ordered a thorough investigation into the incident. Likewise, he instructed his men to provide all necessary support to the families of the two policemen who perished as a result of the incident.

Meanwhile, two sisters died in a fire that broke out on Friday morning in Quezon City.

An initial report from Anonas Police Station identified the fatalities as Mariah Lee, 24 and her sister Francine Lee, 10.

The fire of still undetermined origin broke out at the residence of the Lee family on 100 Matahimik St., Bgy. Malaya, Quezon City at about 5:50 a.m.

According to the BFP, the fire was declared under control at 6:16 a.m.

A fire out was declared at about 6:32 a.m.

Meanwhile, the brother of the victims said his sisters were sleeping at the mezzanine.

The brother said he tried to save his sisters after leading their father to safety outside the house.

But it was too late as smoke upstairs had grown so thick. With Melnie Ragasa-Jimena

Publication Source :    People's Tonight
Alfred P. Dalizon
Author of the ‘Mamang Pulis’ series and Crame Files | A Journal Group reporter since 1988 and recipient of dozens of national awards from the PNP/DILG/PDEA/DDB/NAPOLCOM and the private sector | Winner of two (2) prestigious Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA) for Best Investigative Report | A Finalist for another CMMA Best Investigative Report | A 3-time Journal Group Employee and Top Reporter of the Year