June 24, 2019
For years if one were to go to the vicinity of the New Hamburg train station in New York, there would be quite a sight awaiting them. There gathering dust and cobwebs, abandoned to the elements, squats a spooky old house called the John Lawson House, originally built in 1845 and one of six structures still remaining in what is called the Main Street Historic District. The wood framed property looks old, worn-down, and very much like a haunted house out of a horror movie or a nightmare, looking just about as creepy as can be, and what makes it all even creepier are the strange inhabitants that once lounged about its porch. Until very recently there sitting upon the weathered wooden deck, was a group of life-sized female mannequins sat out as if enjoying the day, dead eyes staring out into nothingness, yet these were no ordinary mannequins, and they were long one of the strangest, creepiest oddities the area had to offer.