Home>News>Nation>Ex-BuCor, lawyer who sued PRRD pass away

Ex-BuCor, lawyer who sued PRRD pass away

THE Bureau of Corrections is mourning the death of former BuCor chief Atty. Vicente G. Vinarao.

A retired police general, he was appointed BuCor chief twice: first by former president Fidel V. Ramos from 1994 to 1998, then by former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo from 2004 to 2007.

Vinarao had published several works about the penal system and law enforcement.

Current BuCor chief Gerald Q. Bantag sent the agency’s deepest sympathies to Vinarao’s loved ones.

Makati City Pabakuna

Atty. Vinarao will be dearly remembered by his friends and colleagues as a dedicated public servant, Bantag said.

Meanwhile, Atty. Jude Sabio, who once sued President Rodrigo Duterte before the International Criminal Court, died on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, from cardiac arrest.

Sabio, who was the lawyer of self-confessed Davao Death Squad (DDS) member Edgar Matobato, filed a complaint before the ICC in The Hague, Netherlands, accusing Duterte and 11 other government officials of crimes against humanity in connection with the war on drugs.

However, Sabio withdrew the case and said the ICC case had been used by opposition politicians as a “tool for propaganda” and should therefore be “thrashed and set aside“.

Publication Source :    People's Tonight
Hector Lawas
Court reporter for more than 20 years