80g fresh or canned mushrooms, sliced or coarsely chopped
80g onion, coarsely chopped
20g garlic, chopped
Oil, preferably rapeseed, olive or sunflower
250g canned chickpeas
10g fresh parsley or 3 g dried
40g ground flaxseeds, 60 g of wholegrain flour, or 2 whole eggs
• In a frying pan, sauté the mushrooms, onion and garlic in a small amount of oil. Season with a small amount of salt and heat or cook until the mushrooms are tender and lose water.
• In a food processor or blender, blend the chickpeas into a paste. Add the prepared mushrooms, parsley, mustard and blend again. After a few minutes, add the flaxseeds, flour or eggs, and blend again, adding until the ingredients bind together well and can be easily shaped.
• Add pepper to taste.
• Shape the mixture into balls, coat them in breadcrumbs and flatten them to form patties.
• If you have oven, preheat the oven to 200 ºC and place the patties in a tray lined with parchment paper. Bake until lightly browned on the outside.
• If you do not have access to an oven, you can cook them in a non-stick frying pan with a little oil.
You may assemble the patties in a burger with wholegrain bread, lettuce and tomato, or accompany them with wholegrain rice or baked potatoes and salad or vegetables. (Chef NunoQueirozRibeiro)