September 01, 2018
Sliced banana blossoms, fried eggplant and beans stewed in a rich savory peanut sauce.
Cooking Time: 12 mins
Main Ingredients: Vegetables
Cooking Style: Stewed
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 pc eggplant, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves g arlic, crushed
- 1 pc red onion, sliced
- 12 pcs sitaw, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1/4 cup Sliced banana heart
- 1 cup water
- 4 pcs pechay, separate stems from leaves
- 1 pouch Mama Sita’s Kare-Kareng Gulay Mix, dissolved in: 1/2 cup water
- to taste Bagoong (sautéed shrimp paste)
- In a pan, heat cooking oil and fry eggplant. Set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, heat cooking oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add sitaw and banana heart. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add water then the pechay stems. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the dissolved Mama Sita’s Kare-kareng Gulay Mix. Stir. Boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the pechay leaves. Stir and continue simmering until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried eggplant. Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice and bagoong.