4 onions, sliced
1/2 tsp butter
A little olive oil or canola spray
3 Tbsp white wine
A sprig or two of fresh or dry thyme
4 cups chicken stock, large
Salt and pepper
A piece of whole wheat toast baked in oven with grated gouda cheese till it browns slightly.
1 tsp garlic paste, finely chopped
* Grease with butter and olive your heavy bottom pan.
* Add onions and garlic and cook them on a slow flame until they caramelize about 20 minutes.
* Add the wine. Then add the stock add let it simmer.
* Taste and season with salt and pepper.
* Put wholewheat bread in toaster and toast. Add grated cheese and let it melt till slightly brown in oven.
* Add soup to bowl with a good amount of onions. Top with toast and serve.