HERE’s a great method to use leftover pasta. This is a great way to use up leftover pasta and a good way to add hidden vegetables (grated carrot and zucchini) for children.
Leftover pasta and sauce mixed together
1 egg per 3 packed cups of pasta (see notes)
Grated melting cheese
* Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
* Mix the egg and pasta together.
* Spray muffin tins with oil, then pack tightly with pasta. If you don’t pack the pasta in, it will fall apart.
* Bake until the pasta goes crunchy and golden on top - around 5 to 8 minutes.
* Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese, then return to oven until cheese melts.
Remember: the egg is what binds the pasta together. If you are using spaghetti, fettucine or another long pasta, then use one egg per three packed cups of pasta. If using penne or macaroni or similar, then use one egg per four packed cups of pasta.