1 bag (12 oz) vegetable for stir-fry
1 Tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
1 Tbsp onion, minced (or ½ Tbsp dried)
1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 egg white, lightly beaten (or substitute liquid egg white)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
12 oz beef flank steak, sliced into thin strips
3 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
½ cup orange juice
1 Tbsp dry sherry (optional)
* Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and stir fry until tender but not brown, about 30 seconds to one minute.
* Put egg white in one bowl and cornstarch in another. Dip steak strips into egg white and then coat with cornstarch.
* Add steak strips to pan and continue to stir fry until steak strips are lightly browned, about 5–8 minutes.
* Add Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, and sherry (optional), and bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately lower temperature to a gentle simmer.
* Add the thawed vegetables and mix gently. Simmer until vegetables are heated through, about 3–4 minutes.
(NIH/Deliciously Healthy Dinners)