PEOPLE who are watching their diet or trying to lose some weight would have salad or would make “superfood” fruit-veggie juice blend.
However, mixing certain veggies and fruits with other ingredients could cause stomach pain or worse (depending on how they were mixed) could cause serious health issues.
Here are some foods or ingredients that should never be mixed:
* Carrots and oranges. They are powerful and contain high level anti-oxidants and vitamin C but mixing carrots and oranges can have negative effects on your health. Hence, this mixture is believed to cause heartburn and acid reflux, and may hurt your kidneys too.
* Pineapple and milk. I have tasted melon and milk and they’re delicious and did not cause any stomach reaction. But milk and pineapple when mixed can cause stomach ache, nausea, diarrhea, and headaches since pineapple contains bromelain which should not be mixed with milk.
* Lemon and papaya. This combination, when consumed too often, could lead to hemoglobin imbalance and anemia. This mixture should not be given to children.
* Guava and banana. Many believe that banana can be easily paired to any food. However, this can cause acidosis and flatulence, as well as lightheadedness.
* Milk and orange. If you tend to mix your bowl of cereals with orange juice, you should not because when combined, milk and orange prevent the processing of the starch from the cereal. This means that the digestion is impeded once you mix orange with milk.
Certain fruits and veggies should not be combined because fruits have sugar and are not easy for digestion. And when they stay longer in your stomach, they begin to ferment and release toxins known to cause headaches, digestive issues, and numerous other health problems.
Make sure that the fruits and veggies you combine have the same or approximate taste. For example, you can safely combine bananas, apples, plums, watermelon, and cantaloupe. Or combine acidic fruits together like lemon, blueberries, orange, grapes, kiwi, and grapefruit. Semi-acidic fruits like mango, apples, strawberries, and raspberries can be combined together.
Ingredients or foods that are neutral are avocado, peanuts, almonds, coconuts, and walnuts.