AS the entire Metro Manila is on home quarantine, weight gain and becoming sedentary seems to be inevitable to many.
Getting bored could lead to binge eating or overeating of sugary foods. This is true as it seems it’s almost impossible to stay away from unhealthy snacks like potato chips or cookies these quarantine days.
Low calories snacks can be a great alternative when you’re trying to lose weight or maintain your weight.
Of course, they aren’t always the most appetizing options available and often don’t keep you full enough later in the day. However, there are many tasty and healthy low calories snacks for adults which can not only keep your taste buds happy but also keep you from getting hungry between meals.
• Right choice of snack foods. Studies show there are certain types of foods which can make you feel fuller for longer periods of time. If you want to stick to your diet program or plan, it’s important to feel full so you don’t binge between meals.
• Foods which are high in fiber are the best options, as scientists know fiber works with the body to keep you feeling full for longer periods of time like high fiber cereal, handful of nuts, veggies with hummus, low sugar yogurt.
• Choose easy foods. If you have to take an hour for the preparation of your snack, chances are you won’t force yourself to eat it very often. When thinking of snacks, choose recipes or preparations which require very little time. Easy options include fresh fruit and vegetables with low calorie yogurt dips. Keep these things available in your home or office so you can quickly grab them to satisfy your hunger without wrecking your diet plan. Try prepacking snacks like nuts and veggies into single serving that are easy to grab and go.
• Observe portion control. Like other food you eat, portions count. So, keep your snacks in small portions to calm your craving but also keep you within your required low-calorie range. The best options to go for if you have trouble with portions are the pre-packaged 100 calorie options at your grocery store. Companies like Quaker and Nabisco make it easy for adults to get low calorie snacks without requiring much thought or effort.
• Choose small indulgences. It’s not bad to indulge in some comfort or guilt foods. But always consider control. If you don’t think you can control yourself to eat just a small amount, skip it altogether.
Remember, healthy snacks between meals help prevent overeating at meals. Staying fit with healthy low calorie snacks for adults is important if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eating low calorie snacks for adults is a great way to stay on track with your diet plan or program.
Eating healthy can help you lose weight and keep your cholesterol and blood pressure under control. Remember, being healthy is not only about what you eat but also how active you remain.