THE immune system helps your body fight off infection. Here are six ways to boost your immune system while we’re under Enhanced Community Quarantine:
* Avoid secondhand smoke. Keep as far away from secondhand smoke as possible. It is responsible for many health problems, including colds.
* Drink plenty of water. Fluids help your immune system work properly.
* Be careful with antibiotics. Using antibiotics too often leads to antibiotic resistance. The more you use antibiotics, the more likely the medicines may not work as well for you in the future. That means, you have a higher chance of getting sick with longer, more stubborn infections.
* Eat yogurt. Most yogurts today contain active cultures or beneficial bacteria that help prevent colds.
* Get enough sleep. Now that everyone should stay at home, there’s no reason for you to not get enough sleep. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to get sick.