YOU may not be familiar with this beauty regimen, potatoes are one of nature’s popular ingredients that help resolve common health and beauty woes.
Potatoes are great for your skin. Its antioxidants, vitamin C, and starch can moisturize your skin and feed it with the necessary nutrients. Here are some of the benefits to your skin and how to use them:
* Removes dark circles and eyebags. Take two slices of potato and put them over your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash your face with cool water afterward.
* Removes acne. Rub a slice of raw potato over acne and leave overnight. Wash your face as usual in the morning. This treatment is not instant, so repeat it every day until you get results.
* Fights dark spots. Peel and blend a potato. Apply the paste to your face using massaging moves. Leave for five minutes and rinse it off with cool water.
* Treats blemishes. Wash your face with some fresh and cool potato juice. Let dry and clean your face with a soft cloth.
* Relieves insect bites. Simply rub a piece of raw potato over a bite and let it air dry. Repeat several times a day.
* Moisturizes your skin and fights wrinkles. Grate a potato, add one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture to the skin for 10 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
* Treats oily skin. Grate a clean peeled potato, add some rosewater, and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mask for 15-20 minutes, rinse, and pat your face dry.