THE city government of Manila rolled out its second booster shot vaccination for COVID-19 for the general population.
This was learned from Mayor Honey Lacuna’s spokesperson Atty. Princess Abante, who said that the lady mayor made the announcement during the “Kalinga sa Maynila” held in Barangay 328, Sta. Cruz, Manila yesterday.
The Manila Health Department (MHD) headed by Dr. Poks Pangan began also yesterday, the rollout of the second booster shots for the general population, 18 years or older in all of the city’s 44 health centers.
The city government of Manila swiftly complied after the Department of Health on Tuesday released its guidelines for the 2nd COVID-19 booster shot to the general population, excluding children ages 5 to 17.
In its guidelines, the DOH allows all healthy adults, 18 and older, to receive their second booster shot six months after having gotten their first booster.
“COVID-19 vaccines are available in all of the 44 health centers of the City of Manila from Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Kindly bring the QR code from manilacovid19vaccine.ph,” Abante said.
Please be guided that six adults are needed before opening one vial of vaccine to prevent wastage, she added.
Lacuna had been constantly calling on the qualified population to get either their primary or booster shots, stressing that ‘vaccination is still the solution’ against COVID-19.
The mayor has cautioned Manilans against letting their guard down, as she expressed concern about the rising cases of COVID in the city recently.