The First Update of 2022 Adds Four New Events Alongside Quality-of-Life Improvements
LOS ANGELES – Jan. 20, 2021 – MapleStory M, Nexon’s free-to-play mobile MMORPG, is kicking off 2022 with a variety of exciting holiday events. The latest update also includes new dungeons for high level players, improved ways to level up and rebalancing for characters and the Edge of Space dungeon.
This update adds two dungeons in the Arcane River region: Erda Spectrum and Hungry Muto. These new party quests feature tapping minigames and can only be entered by players level 200 (Erda Spectrum) or 215 (Hungry Muto) and higher. Maplers will receive five free tickets per week for the dungeons and can earn rewards including Vanishing Journey Arcane Symbols.
Maplers level 140 and higher can also celebrate the New Year with an improved leveling experience, featuring new daily quests with higher EXP rewards to expedite the leveling process. Various characters and the Edge of Space dungeon will be rebalanced, while the Guild Fort Battle will temporarily close before reopening again in February.
The start of 2022 also brings a number of events celebrating upcoming holidays and more:
- Starforce Enhancement Event – On Jan. 29 and Feb. 1, Maplers can celebrate Lunar New Year with a discount on Starforce enhancement costs.
- Bittersweet Valentine’s Day Event – Love is in the air from Feb. 10 through Feb. 24, when Maplers will experience a special Valentine’s Day story quest. Players can also collect ingredients from field hunting to exchange for a gift box full of EXP tickets, Auto Battle tickets and much more.
- 2022 Teddy Family’s Bucket List – From Jan. 20 through Feb. 16, players can participate in six different mini-events to earn Tenny event coins and other rewards based on their ranking in each event. The event shop will remain open until Feb. 23.
- Potion Pyramid: Players can stack potions in the shape of a pyramid against other players
- Teddy’s Bowling Class: A bowling minigame to win rewards. Players can adjust the power of the bowling ball with the bowling gauge
- Teddy’s Garden: An EXP buff event that rewards by the amount and type of flowers grown
- Teddy’s Baking Challenge: Exchange event items collected from field hunting for various rewards
- Kittin’ Around with Teddy’s Cat: Take care of Teddy’s cats to special rewards and cumulative rewards!
- I Love Yummy Food Event!: A minigame where players score points by dodging objects
- Teddy’s 14-day Attendance Event – From Jan. 20 through Feb. 10, Maplers can earn rewards for logging in for up to 14 days. These rewards can include Teddy event coins, a Legendary Rebirth Flame, Red Meso exchange tickets and more.
To learn more about MapleStory M, visit the App Store or Google Play Store page and follow @PlayMapleM on Twitter for the latest updates.
About MapleStory M https://maplestorym.nexon.com/
MapleStory M, launched globally on July 24, 2018, brings the nostalgic world of side-scrolling MMORPG MapleStory to mobile, offering the same endless amount of customization, immersive storylines and epic boss raids that fans have come to expect from the legendary franchise. MapleStory M quickly reached 10 million downloads within 100 days after global launch and recently celebrated its 3-year anniversary with 16 million global downloads.
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.