FIFTEEN uniformed and two non-uniformed personnel of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) have tested positive for shabu since October last year and are now the subject of summary dismissal proceedings, a report to new Philippine National Police chief, General Camilo Pancratius P. Cascolan said yesterday.
“Undoubtedly, the surprise random drug test has been an effective tool initiated by the NCRPO from October 12, 2019 to date in order to cleanse our ranks of drug-using personnel, said NCRPO director, Major Gen. Debold M. Sinas.
Cascolan on Wednesday said he will further intensify the PNP’s internal cleansing program in order to rid the force of policemen directly or indirectly involved in illegal drug trafficking and abuse.
According to Sinas, the 17 who tested positive for substance abuse were among the 20,231 NCRPO personnel who were subjected to a drug test since last October.
Those who tested positive for shabu and are now undergoing summary hearing procedure and the dates when their urine specimen tested positive during initial screening and confirmatory tests are:
- Corporal Jake Donate of the Quezon City Police District Station 3, December 18, 2019);
- Cpl. Florian Peter Arboleda (Manila Police District Station 8 Drug Enforcement Unit, January 6this year);
- Cpl. Anthony Romano (NCRPO Regional Intelligence Division, January 5);
- Staff Sergeant Ronald Carpio (NCRPO Regional Headquarters Support Unit, February 18;
- Lieutenant Rodel Torres (Muntinlupa City Police Station, February 19);
- Staff Sgt. Jonnel Torreblanca (Parañaque City Police Station, February 29);
- Patrolman Jess Ranin (NCRPO Regional Mobile Force Battalion, March 4);
- Staff Sgt. Danbeth Geronga (Caloocan City Police Station, March 4);
- SSgt. Arthur Santos II (QCPD Station 4, May 28);
- Pat. Casey Austria (QCPD District Special Operations Unit, June 6);
- Pat. Robert Buenavente (NCRPO Regional Mobile Force Battalion, positive on June 15 and August 30);
- Non-Uniformed Personnel Olivia Cordero (QCPD Headquarters in Camp Karingal, June 20);
- Cpl. Jose Roderick Basco (Eastern Police District Headquarters Support Unit, July 10);
- NUP Ryan Chua (NCRPO Regional Internal Affairs Service, August 11);
- Pat. Robert Buenavente ((NCRPO-RHSU, August 30);
- Pat. Laggui Marcos (NCRPO-RHSU, August 30);
- and Lucia Agtalao, a utility worker/contractual employee at the NCRPO-RHSU, positive last August 30.