Justice Undersecretary Markk Perete yesterday disclosed that the United States visa granted to suspected Metro Manila druglord Guia Gomez Castro alias ‘Drug Queen’ has been cancelled.
“Upon the request of the Department of Justice, the US visa granted to alleged drug queen Guia Castro has been cancelled. The BI is now working with US immigration authorities to effect her deportation to the Philippines,” Perete said in a statement.
The Bureau of Immigration said Castro left for Bangkok via Cebu Pacific on September 21. From there, she reportedly flew to the US.
Recently, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra formally issued an Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order (ILBO) against Castro.
Guevarra disclosed that government prosecutors are currently ascertaining if courts had already issued hold departure orders against Castro in the light of earlier reports that at least three arrest warrants were issued by various courts against her.
National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Director Guillermo Eleazar revealed that Castro was at the forefront of shabu operations in Metro Manila and nearby areas more than three years ago.
But following the implementation of the drug war by President Duterte, Castro’s alleged influence started to dwindle after some of her trusted men, including her police protectors, were arrested.
Eleazar said nine of her 16 police protectors were killed, two others were dismissed while two already retired and another one went on AWOL (Absence Without Official Leave).