MANILA Mayor Isko Moreno yesterday ordered the Manila Police District (MPD) to conduct a comprehensive investigation and not to leave stone unturned into the murder slay of Senior Assistant City Prosecutor Jovencio Senados.
Moreno, who condemned the killing in highest terms, expressed his condolences to the victim's family, saying that “the brazenness with which the murder was carried out shows that the perpetrators have no respect whatsoever to the institutions in place and this should not go unpunished,”.
“The broad daylight attack on Senados is an affront to the institution where he belonged and to the right of the people of Manila to a peaceful and orderly way of life, amid the anxieties brought about by the pandemic,” the mayor said.
Moreno wanted Miranda to work double time to solve the case.
Miranda told Moreno that he already formed a team to probe into the case and the initial information gathered, the victim had been monitored by the assailants on his regular schedule and routes prior to killing.
Miranda also said the plate of the black Mitsubishi Montero used by the suspects was registered to another car. The Red Innova which blocked the victim’s car before the ambush, had been following them at the Skyway. The two came from Calamba City, Laguna where they reside, according to the victim’s nephew.
The police is also reviewing the cases that have been handled by Senados and those that are pending.
Meanwhile, Moreno said Dr. Reino "Nong" Palacpac, a pediatrician at the Justice Jose Abad Santos General Hospital succumbed to the coronavirus Tuesday.
He said Palacpac was well-loved by his co-workers for being a dedicated medical frontliner.
Moreno called on all medical frontliners to take extra care of themselves by observing the mandated health protocols, “as less hospital admissions will also mean less exposure on the part of the medical workers.”
Moreno and Vice Mayor Honey Lacuna, who supervises all city hospitals, both expressed their condolences to the family of Palacpac and said that words will never be enough to ease their pain.
Moreno also offered help to the surviving family members by ordering the immediate release of the P1 million ‘Bagong Bayani Endowment Benefit Fund of 2020.’
“You have no idea how this development makes us feel sad but we have to go on because the sick people rely on us, and I’m sure, our fallen heroes would want us to continue helping those who need medical attention,” Moreno said.