Masbate vice mayor’s slay suspects freed

October 12, 2019

THE four suspects in the shooting death of Masbate Vice Mayor Charlie Yuson III in Sampaloc, Manila were released by the Manila Prosecutors’ Office  for further investigation.

Capt. Henry Navarro, chief of the Manila Police District-homicide section, said the suspects had been had been charged murder and two counts of frustrated murder.

The suspects, identified as  Bradford Solis, 41, helper, of Brgy Poblacion, Camiling, Tarlac; Juanito De Luna,54, also of Camiling, Tarlac; Junel Gomez ,38,said to be the driver, of the getaway van, of Binan, Laguna and Rigor Dela Cruz,38, of San Jose Camiling ,Tarlac, were reportedly released at around 11 p.m.

Police said there was no reason stated in the resolution why the suspects were released and according to Navarro their responsibility ended with the inquest proceedings.

MPD Director Vicente Danao,Jr. assured  Yuson’s wife Lalaine that he is 101 percent sure that the suspects they presented were the ones who killed the victim and wounded the latter’s nephew and aide, who remain in the hospital.

Danao even gave a commendation to PCapt. Josep Pedro Bocalbos, PCpl Jeffrey D. Catacutan and PCpl Berson D. Lawangen for the swift arrest of the suspects who were then fleeing and cornered on Pedro Gil Street.