ACTING on orders of President Duterte, the National Capital Region Police Office has shut down nearly 200 vaping shops in Metro Manila which were found to be lacking local government permits, NCRPO director Brigadier General Debold M. Sinas said yesterday.
“As of last Wednesday, a total of 198 vaping shops have been closed down by my men in different parts of the metropolis after they were found to be operating without any business permits and for incurring other violations during surprise inspections,” said Sinas.
The NCRPO has launched a crackdown on vape stores and other establishments amid President Duterte’s order banning the importation and use of e-cigarettes in the country.
Sinas said they have conducted more than 60 anti-vape operations leading to the apprehension of 10 violators and the confiscation of their gadgets for which they were given receipts.
“We are still consolidating reports of the five NCPRO districts tasked to fully implement the presidential directive. Being on top of my priorities, never will I ever excuse anyone in the implementation of this ban,” said Sinas as he instructed his men to spare no one in the anti-vape crackdown as long as they are found using the gadget in public places.
The official also warned his men to fully abide by his instruction inside the NRPO headquarters and other police stations and camps in the metropolis.
So far, he said that 10 violators of the ban in Sta. Cruz and Malate, Manila and Makati City have been accosted by patrolling policemen, the violators taken to police stations for recording and their e-cigarettes seized and fully-documented prior to destruction.