Resto exec trapped in fire

October 29, 2019

A restaurant manager died after being trapped inside her burning rented house in  Malate, Manila yesterday morning.

The victim, identified as Vicco Castillo,was  said to have returned to get some of her things while the fire was eating up her home at the corner of  L.M. Guerero and General Malvar Streets in Malate.

The Manila Fire Bureau said the fire began at around-6 a.m. and F/Inspector John Joseph Jalique of the Manila Fire District (MFD) reported that the victim had already gotten out of the house when she suddenly decided to return to save some documents and valuables.  However, she no longer made it out again.

Jalique said there was no fire exit in the said house.