‘Vendor organizers’ told: Manigas kayo!

November 11, 2019
Isko Moreno

This was the strong message aired by Manila Mayor Isko Moreno for vendor ‘organizers’ who think they can go back to their illegal vending schemes this Christmas season.

An irate Moreno also branded as ‘fake news’ rumors that have been circulating lately, saying he had already lifted the ban on vendors particularly along major thoroughfares that were cleared of vendors in the past.

Moreno bared that with the help of certain unscrupulous ‘propagandists,’ the fake news was spread in several platforms of information.  Based on that, he said the ‘organizers’  of illegal vendors began asking for fees amounting to a minimum of P15,000 each in exchange for a spot where they can sell their wares during the entire Christmas season.

‘Isoli n’yo ‘yung perang in-advance ninyo sa vendor dahil kayo ang nagpapaputok, binalehan nyo ang mga vendor na uy, Pasko na babalik na tayo sa Recto. Manigas kayo! Mga abusado kayo. mapanlinlang. Ang kaya n’yong linlangin, maliliit na tao,’ Moreno said.

He added: ‘Matiyempuhan ko lang, iba na. Talaga palang di kayo makuha sa diplomasya. Sinabi ko na bumalik na kayo sa dati nyong bayan. Dun kayo paglagpas ng Sta. Mesa.  Dun kayo nababagay,’ in apparent reference to San Juan, where the organizers of illegal vendors are reportedly based. Moreno has earlier revealed that such organizers happen to be associates of the past administration of Erap Estrada, who lives in San Juan.

Moreno said those who were removed from major thoroughfares are being convinced by the illegal vendors’ organizers to go back to their old places, virtually in the middle of the streets, duping them into believing that all they have to do is shell out money.

‘Wag kayo magbibigay. Hindi kayo mababalik diyan dahil ‘yan (roads) ay para sa pangkalahatang taga-lungsod ng Maynila lamang,’ he said, earning him applause.