JUSTICE Secretary Menardo Guevarra yesterday said the Office of the Vice President won’t be spared from investigation by the Task Force Against Corruption if a formal complaint is filed.
“If there is complaint about any corruption, yes,” Guevarra said.
He made the comment when asked if the OVP would be included in the task force’s investigation into government offices allegedly involved in corruption.
However, Guevarra clarified that there is no order from Malacañang to include the OVP.
“Walang ganon,” Guevarra said.
President Duterte recently directed the Department of Justice to investigate corruption in the entire government.
Aside from the DOJ, the other members of the task force are the National Bureau of Investigation, Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission, Office of the Special Assistant to the President, National Prosecution Service, and the Anti-Money Laundering Council.
As of yesterday, the Task Force Against Corruption had already received more than 60 complaints against erring officials and employees in the government.
Justice Undersecretary Emmeline Aglipay-Villar revealed this development in a message to reporters on Thursday.
Aglipay-Villar, the concurrent Justice Department spokesperson, also revealed that there were complaints filed involving Department of Public Works and Highways construction projects outside of Metro Manila.
“The Operations Center Secretariat is still in the process of consolidating the complaints they received and those received by DOJAC (Department of Justice Action Center) as there has been a sudden surge in complaints this week. Estimated number is more than 60 already.”
“Usual DPWH complaint involves alleged anomalies/irregularities in construction projects outside Metro Manila,” she said.