TONS of campaign materials have been removed by members of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao as part of its ‘Oplan Baklas’ right after last Monday’s national and local elections in the region, local officials said yesterday.
“This is part of our implementation of the Fair Election Act and the Philippine National Police’s Oplan: Baklas in the entire region,” said BARMM police regional office director, Brigadier General Graciano Mijares.
Poll and BARMM police officials have also urged local candidates to take down their campaign posters in the aftermath of the polls in the region which was described as generally peaceful.
The BARRM police said more than 38,000 campaign posters placed in unauthorized areas in the region had been torn down since the start of the campaign period.
Mijares said he has ordered his men to continue removing campaign materials in their areas ahead of the opening of classes in June.