BUREAU of Corrections chief Director General Gerald Bantag, spokesperson Gabriel Chaclag, and several other bureau officials have recovered from COVID-19.
BuCor said on its Facebook page that the officials’ recent coronavirus testings turned out negative.
“In a statement, BuCor Chief Directorate for Health Services Dr. Henry Fabro said that DG Bantag, along with Public Information Chief Gabriel P. Chaclag, and 3 more officers were officially cleared of the virus after their swab tests turned out negative,” BuCor said.
Last September 21, Bantag admitted that he tested positive for COVID-19 during reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) or swab testing by the Department of Health-Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) in Muntinlupa City.
“I’m confirmed Covid positive,” Bantag said in a message to reporters.
“Apat na kaming positive…isang driver ko unang nagpositive, tapos 1 security ko, tapos si (BuCor spokesperson) Gabby (Chaclag), tapos ako na,” Bantag also revealed over ABS-CBN News.
According to Bantag, he started manifesting COVID-19 symptoms last September 18. “Nagkalagnat ako, ubo, sakit ng ulo, mainit katawan, giniginaw ako.”
Previously, Chaclag tested positive for the dreaded disease during swab testing.
“The swab test was done on Tuesday and the result just came out today (Saturday). He has since been quarantined with mild symptoms,” BuCor said in a statement over the weekend.
The BuCor advised “all personnel and staff who might have had interaction with him since last week to visit the Directorate for Health Sevices (DHS) for assessment and swab testing.”
“This is also to inform other stakeholders, partners from the media and NGOs (non-government organizations) who might have been exposed to seek immediate medical advice,” it added
Publication Source : People's Journal