Chinese kidnap fellow chinese

December 04, 2018

COMBINED agents of the Philippine National Police Anti-Kidnapping Group and the Bureau of Immigration have smashed a kidnap-for-ransom gang composed of Chinese nationals  preying on their compatriots in the country, officials announced yesterday.

PNP-AKG director Chief Superintendent Glenn G. Dumlao said that their operation on Wednesday last week led to the arrest of four of the suspects and the rescue of their two victims.

The rescue operation came two days after representatives from the Chinese Embassy sought the PNP-AKG’s assistance regarding the kidnapping last November 8 of Wei Ming Sun and Yi Chen.

The Chinese Embassy officials said that they found out that sometime last August, Sun was invited by his friend Xe de Jun through We-chat to come to the Philippines for business. When Sun and Chen arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 last November 8, they were abducted by one Xi Zi using a gray Mitsubishi vehicle with an unknown plate number.

The two victims were brought to a safehouse where they were harmed by their abductors who also demanded 2 million Renminbi for their liberty.

Dumlao said that the kidnappers threatened to kill the victims if their demands are not met. Through coercion, the two captives were instructed to send messages relaying the kidnappers’ demand to their family and friends in China through We-chat.

The PNP-AKG director said that they learned a cousin of Sun identified as Ye Chun Hiu sent a total of 2 million RMB to the kidnappers through different account names and numbers.

After receiving the amount, the kidnappers freed the victims in the evening of November 13 at NAIA Terminal 2, the official said.

Dumlao said that during a series of backtracking, they were able to locate last November 27 a house at no. 219 Sampaloc Street, Casimiro Village, Pamplona 3, Las Pinas City where the victims were held captive.

He said that on Wednesday last week, BID Fugitive Search Unit and PNP-AKG operatives went to the house where the two Chinese victims positively identified the house’s four occupants as the Chinese nationals who guarded them during their captivity prompting officers to place them under arrest.

He identified the four, all Chinese tourists in Manila, as Li Ming alias ‘Asi,’32, a resident of Changyi District, Yepichang Town, Jilin City, Jilin Province in China; Wang Rui, 40, also a resident of Changyi District in Jilin City; Ju Wenping, 40, a resident of  148 Dayi Village, Mishui Street, Gaomi City, Shandong, China; and Liu Ming, 32, of Dao Qiao Lu Street., Chibi City, Hebei Province, China.    

Dumlao said that recovered during the operation were a pair of handcuffs, two flashlights with taser and personal belongings

Two other Chinese victims were rescued — Wu Limei, a 48-year old businesswoman from  Qi Tun Xion Chaohe Town, Hubei Province, China, and Li  Sanjiu, 25, a tourist from Sheng Jing Zhou City.

Last Thursday, the accused were charged with the crime of two counts of kidnapping-for-ransom with serious illegal detention before the office of Department of Justice Senior Assistant Prosecutor Olivia Torrevillas.

All four suspects are now being held at the PNP-AKG detention facility in Camp Crame, said Dumlao.