Former mayor on narco-list hiding in US?

March 15, 2019
Rodrigo R. Duterte
Rodrigo R. Duterte

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday asked the US Embassy in the Philippines how former Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog, who was included in the 2016 narco list, managed to leave the country and supposedly entered the US.

“I’d like to inform the US embassy, I thought I gave you a list noon. Kung nakalusot itong mayor na ito, I’d like to ask the embassy bakit ninyo nabigyan ng... naghingi kayo ng listahan, binigay ko sa ambassador niyo so that Filipino addicts who’d go there only to destroy your country will be denied visas,” Duterte said during the National Peace and Order Council meeting in Davao City.

“I think I remember I gave you a copy and the name of this mayor, because he’s a fame whore, was there definitely. Now I’m asking bakit nandyan sa Amerika if indeed he is in America?” he added.

Duterte, however, said that Mabilog may also be hiding in Canada.

Mabilog had previously denied the allegations against him and asked for a speedy investigation as he expressed fears for his safety and that of his family.

He was dismissed by the Ombudsman from public office for a graft case.