FOUR Department of Justice (DOJ) personnel tested positive for COVID-19, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra yesterday confirmed.
But Guevarra, a member of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, said there was no need to place the DOJ compound in Manila on lockdown unless more employees test positive in the coming days.
Of the four new cases, three were security personnel and one from the administrative office, Guevarra continued.
He said the respective offices of these four employees will be sanitized and disinfected to prevent the further spread of the feared virus.
Prior to the detection of these new cases, Guevarra said that there have been 15 DOJ personnel in Padre Faura, Manila office who tested positive for coronavirus infection since March.
All have recovered since then, he qualified.
“Yes (there are four new cases of infection). These employees who tested positive have been sent to quarantine facilities. The affected premises were disinfected over the weekend.
” Other employees who may have been exposed will undergo testing today (Monday). No need to impose a lockdown at this time, unless more employees turn out positive for COVID-19 after today’s testing,” Guevarra said. #