PHILIPPINE National Police chief, General Debold M. Sinas yesterday announced the dismissal from the police service of Senior Master Sergeant Jonnel Nuezca, the Parañaque City policeman jailed after being caught on video shooting to death his female neighbor and her son at the height of their heated argument in Paniqui, Tarlac last December 20.
“The case of Nuezca has been resolved. He was charged for two counts of grave misconduct and two counts of conduct unbecoming of a police officer, the administrative penalty of which is dismissal from the police service effective today,” the PNP chief told a press conference at Camp Crame.
According to Sinas, National Capital Region Police Office director (NCRPO), Brigadier Gen. Vicente D. Danao Jr. has signed the dismissal papers of Nuezca. Since he is already out of the police service, the accused won’t be receiving anymore retirement and separation benefits except for his Commutation of Accumulated Leave or CAL if he still has unpaid leaves.
The PNP chief said that as far as they are concerned, it would be up for Nuezca and his lawyers to defend his case since they have submitted all the necessary evidence against him in court.
The dismissed policeman pleaded not guilty to the murder charges against him last January 7 and there were reports that his lawyer is invoking an insanity plea as his defense.
The accused was previously demoted one rank in connection with an extortion case filed against him by a tricycle driver and his passenger in Taguig City.
He was also charged administratively for grave misconduct in December 2019 and a homicide case in December 2019 although both cases were dismissed due to lack of substantial evidence.
In April 2014, he was penalized with a 31-day suspension when he refused to take a drug test.
The ex-cop was caught on video shooting to death his neighbors Sonya Guerrero and her son Frank Anthony in the middle of their heated argument which reportedly started when the accused confronted the Guerrero family after one of them allegedly lit a banned ‘boga.
The video showed the accused shooting the two victims at point-blank range using his PNP-issued firearm. Nuezca fled the scene with his young daughter but surrendered to the police an hour later.Publication Source : People's Tonight