House Majority Leader Rolando Andaya Jr. said he will personally file a case with the Supreme Court against Diokno, who recently used the delayed approval of the 2019 budget as an excuse for the non-release of the salary increase.
The senator said that the DBM will violate no law if it implements the increase because it is already specified in the resolution signed by then President Benigno S. Aquino III that the increase should be implemented in four tranches up to 2019.
“Sec. Diokno is all over town, telling journalists that he will not honor the invitation of the House to explain his side on the flood control scam issue. His reason: the Executive Department advised him not to attend the House probe,” he said.
MALACAÑANG is unfazed by the threat of House Majority Leader Rolando Andaya Jr. of filing a case against Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno with the Supreme Court to force him to implement the fourth tranche of salary increase for government employees this year.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo yesterday told Palace reporters in his briefing that President Duterte was baffled as to why Andaya was making a big deal out of the adjustments made by the Department of Budget and Management to the proposed 2019 budget before submitting it to the House of Representatives for deliberations.
SA pangunguna sa mga survey ng Issues and Advocacy Center (The Center) nitong Nobyembre 12-18, 2018, Radio Mindanao Network (RMN) 2019 Election Survey nitong Nobyembre 7-17, 2018 at halos dikit kay Sen. Cynthia Villar sa huling survey ng Social Weather Station (SWS) nitong Disyembre Disyembre 16-19, nakatitiyak si Sen. Grace Poe na magiging topnotcher sa nalalapit na midterm elections sa Mayo.
INANUNSYO ni Makati Mayor Abby Binay na simula kahapon, Enero 7, mamamahagi ng libreng lunch packs ang lungsod sa unang 200 kliyenteng magbabayad ng buwis sa Business Tax Division kada araw, Lunes hanggang Biyernes, hanggang sa January 18. .
HOUSE Majority Leader and Camarines Sur Rep. Rolando “Nonoy” Andaya Jr. yesterday said that proceeds from the road user’s tax or the Motor Vehicle User’s Charge (MVUC) will go to the general fund for the reconstruction of calamity-hit areas as requested by President Rodrigo “Rody” Duterte.
This is the assurance Philippine National Police Regional Office 4A head Chief Supt. Edward Carranza yesterday gave the families of Richard Santillan and Gessamyn Casing who died in an alleged shootout in Cainta, Rizal last month.
KICKING off 2019 with a big-bang, Mayor Antolin “Lenlen” Oreta III delivered his State of the City Address (SOCA) yesterday and bared his administration’s recent achievements and the executive agenda he will pursue onwards.
APART from enforcing a nationwide gun ban from January 13 up to June 12 this year, the Philippine National Police will also strictly implement the ban on employing or engaging the services of security personnel or bodyguards during the election period.