1 of 357 cops positive for shabu to be dismissed

February 21, 2020

ONE of the 357 policemen ordered adjudicated by Philippine National Police chief, General Archie Francisco F. Gamboa for their alleged involvement in illegal drug activities has tested positive for use of shabu and will be immediately subjected to summary dismissal proceedings, National Capital Region Police Office director, Major General Debold M. Sinas told the Journal Group yesterday.

“We’re minus one officer already, meaning he is sure to be fired from the police force on orders of Gen. Gamboa” said the Metro Manila police director in referring to the case of the 357 policemen currently undergoing probe by the PNP National Headquarters Adjudication Board.

The official identified the drug-positive policeman as Staff Sergeant Ronald B. Carpio. He said that SSgt. Carpio was among the 31  NCRPO members included in the list of 357.

He said that Carpio’s urine sample tested positive for methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu during the initial screening. Sinas said that the same urine sample also tested positive for shabu when subjected to a confirmatory test using the PNP Crime Laboratory Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometer or GCMS equipment.

As a result, the NCRPO chief ordered the disarming of Carpio and the recall of all his government issuances. Carpio was among the 31 Metro Manila policemen ordered by Gen. Gamboa to report to Camp Crame last month.

However, only 22 reported while nine did not and were marked on AWOL or Absence Without Official Leave status effective last Thursday.
presence of shabu during the initial screening. Sinas said that the same urine sample also tested positive for shabu when subjected to a confirmatory test using the PNP Crime Laboratory ‘s GCMS equipment.

Following the positive drug test result, Sinas ordered the disarming of Torres and his reassignment to the NCRPO Regional Personnel Holding Administrative Section.