Home>News>Provincial>2 armed HVTs gunned down, P450K shabu seized in Bulacan

2 armed HVTs gunned down, P450K shabu seized in Bulacan

TWO armed ‘high-value drug targets’ in Central Luzon were killed in separate shootouts with undercover officers of the Bulacan Police Provincial Office last week following a series of anti-narcotics operations which also resulted in the arrest of 10 other suspected drug dealers and the seizure of an estimated P450,000 worth of shabu, People’s Tonight learned.

Bulacan PPO director, Colonel Lawrence B. Cajipe told People’s Tonight that suspect Ronald Ramos exchanged fire with undercover officers of the San Rafael Municipal Police Station Drug Enforcement Unit after he sensed he was dealing with a cop in Sitio Gulod, Bgy. Pantubig 10 p.m. Wednesday.

Officers returned fire killing the suspect on the spot. Recovered from the slain suspect’s possession were 12 heat-sealed plastic sachets containing shabu, the marked money and a loaded caliber .38 revolver.

Last Tuesday evening, Bulacan policemen also shot dead in a gunfight an armed drug trafficking suspect in Doña Remedios Trinidad municipality.

Cajipe said that suspect Alvin Cruz alias ‘Kiss Mark’ and a still unidentified motorcycle-riding cohort had just conspired to sell drugs to an undercover officer in Bgy. Camachile, Doña Remedios Trinidad at 12:50 a.m. Tuesday when they sensed the ongoing sting.

The suspect pulled out a concealed firearm and fired a shot at the poseur, prompting back-up operatives to retaliate killing him on the spot. The second suspect fled on board his motorbike at the height of the firefight and is still being hunted as of press time.

Recovered from the possession of the slain suspect were four heat-sealed plastic sachets containing shabu, the buy-bust money, a caliber .32 revolver with two spent casings and one live ammunition and a bundle of plastic sachets.

In a report to Police Regional Office 3 director, Brigadier General Valeriano T. de Leon, Cajipe said 17 other known drug dealers in the province were also arrested in separate buy-busts in the province and in Malabon City which led to the confiscation of 51 heat-sealed plastic sachets containing some P500,000 worth of the so-called ‘poor man’s cocaine.’

The suspects were arrested in separate anti-narcotics operations in Balagtas, Guigunto, Calumpit, Pandi, Hagonoy, San Miguel and Sta. Maria municipalities and in Malolos and San Jose del Monte cities last Wednesday and Tuesday.

All suspects are facing non-bailable charges for sale and possession of prohibited drugs under Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

Publication Source :    People's Tonight
Alfred P. Dalizon
Author of the ‘Mamang Pulis’ series and Crame Files | A Journal Group reporter since 1988 and recipient of dozens of national awards from the PNP/DILG/PDEA/DDB/NAPOLCOM and the private sector | Winner of two (2) prestigious Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA) for Best Investigative Report | A Finalist for another CMMA Best Investigative Report | A 3-time Journal Group Employee and Top Reporter of the Year