CA junks Ecija gov’s graft case

October 09, 2019

PALAYAN CITY – Novo Ecijanos are virtually in “cloud nine,” rejoicing over the dismissal by the Court of Appeals of the administrative aspect of the graft case filed against Gov. Aurelio M. Umali in 2005 before the Office of the Ombudsman which arose due to his alleged mishandling of P15-million worth of pork barrel funds when he was still a congressman for the province’s third district.

Some of them took to social media to express happiness over the CA decision favoring the governor. Others reacted by extending their congratulations to Umali for hurdling the biggest test so far in his political career.

“Salamat sa Diyos! Sa huli ang kabutihan at katotohanan pa rin ang nanaig,” said a post shared by John Erick Cruz and Jo HC Le in the FB page “Usapang Malasakit sa Lipunan.”  

Another netizen, Isabelita Talens said: “Glad hearing the good news, Congrats Gov. Oyie!”

FB user Ato Ponce also butted in: “You just can’t put a good man down.”

For his part, Umali said he was thankful of the appelate court’s decision clearing him, saying the truth has finally come out.

“Everything to God be the glory, lahat ng nangyayaring ito, to God be the glory. With more passion and more enthusiasm, we will continue to serve the people of Nueva Ecija with the mandate given to me,” the governor told reporters in an interview at his office here.