TALAVERA, Nueva Ecija – This town recorded its second confirmed COVID-19 positive case, but the 63-year-old infected patient died, making it the fourth casualty among the total 76 confirmed cases so far in the province.
The Inter-Agency Task Force reported yesterday that the latest COVID-19 casualty was listed as Patient #76, a male, of Marcos District, Bgy. Poblacion and had a travel history in Manila.
Father Arnold Abelardo, IATF spokesperson, said the patient was admitted at the Premiere General Hospital in Cabanatuan City on June 29 and was immediately cremated after he died three days later on July 2.
Abelardo said contact tracing was already being done to determine those in close contact with the patient before his death.
Records showed that 64 cases out of the total 76 in the province have recovered while eight active cases are still recovering.
Meanwhile, in San Jose City, Mayor Mario "Kokoy" Salvador warned his constituents to stop stressing the people by posting fake news in the social media saying that their COVID-19 patient, a 40-year-old chemist from Bgy. Sto. Nino 2nd, escaped from the San Jose City National High School where he was quarantined along with his five other family members for 14 days.
Salvador also said it is untrue those social media reports saying a cashier of the WalterMart mall branch in the city was tested positive of the virus. The management of the mall sent him a letter denying such incident and showing their strict implementation of safety protocols against the virus.