VIGAN CITY, Ilocos Sur — Governor Ryan Singson yesterday revealed that the province has already closed a deal to purchase 410,576 doses of COVID-19 vaccines with AstraZeneca.
In his regular radio and television program aired Saturday, Singson said the provincial government has already allocated P200 millioms for a vaccine rollout needed in the province.
“We have a strategic planning for the province which is systematic and we’ll give priority to health workers, Senior citizens, among others,” said the young governor.
Singson said that since the national government has committed to shoulder around 50 to 70 percent of the vaccine needed in the country, this means, he stressed, that “we need only to produce 30 percent.”
He assured that the provincial government will shoulder 15% for the vaccine expenses while the municipalities will shoulder 15% only.
Singson, however, that there is no problem with other rich towns and cities that may have the financial capabilities to fund it.
Based on reports, EMA’s Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use has announced that the “AstraZeneca and Oxford University vaccine was safe and effective at preventing infection in people from 18 years of age, based on the basis of data from four clinical trials conducted in the UK, Brazil, and South Africa. The two doses can be given between four and 12 weeks apart.”
Singson said they had already sent a Letter of Intent to AstraZeneca for the immediate purchase of the vaccine.
“We had already closed a deal with AstraZeneca,” said Singson.
He added that the province has facilities at the Gabriela Silang hospital for vaccination.Publication Source : People's Tonight