INTENSIFIED anti-narcotics operation by the Police Regional Office 9 in Western Mindanao in 2019 to date have already resulted in the seizure of nearly P100 million worth of shabu and other dangerous drugs, PRO9 director, Brigadier General Froilan F. Quidilla told the Journal Group yesterday.
“This year, we are again embarking on a massive effort to account for all known high-value drug targets operating in Western Mindanao on orders of PNP chief, General Archie Francisco F. Gamboa,” the official said.
According to Quidilla, the prohibited drugs were confiscated from 4,321 known drug traffickers and users arrested by his men in the wake of their stepped-up implementation of the PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Campaign Plan Double Barrel.
He said that recovered from the suspects were nearly 14.4 kilograms of high-grade shabu and some nearly 1.5 tons of dried marijuana leaves with a combined market value of P98.6 million.
On Thursday last week, Quidilla said that members of the Zamboanga Sibugay Police Provincial Office arrested an ‘HVT’ identified as Ridjan Indnanan Kasim, a 60-year old resident of Purok Neptune in Barangya Bangkerohan, Ipil municipality during a buy-bust operation which led in the confiscation of some P170,000 worth of the so-called ‘poor man’s cocaine’ and the boodle money topped by a marked P500 bill.