Police implements total lockdown in Pampanga; 3 die on virus

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga-- The police is now implementing a total lockdown in Pampanga as coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continue to rise.

Police Provincial Director PCol. Jean Fajardo said the measure is aimed at implementing stricter restrictions on the movements of people going in and out of Pampanga.

“A lot of considerations as already been made since the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon but it seems like a lot of people still don’t take the situation seriously," Fajardo said.

She also mentioned that about 192 were nabbed for non-compliance of the quarantine protocols such as prohibition of social gatherings, street gambling and liquor.

As the total lockdown takes effect, non-essential workers will neither be allowed to enter nor exit the province. They are advised to stay indoors.

“However, essential personnel such as health workers and those who have extreme or medical cases are still allowed to pass through the control and border points along the provincial and national roads,” Fajardo stressed.

Private establishments which provide basic necessities such as groceries, supermarkets, pharmacies and banks are still allowed to operate only at given operating hours by the authority.

Also, only the person in a household who possesses a valid quarantine pass is allowed to go out for needs.

For his part, Board Member Jun Canlas said Governor Dennis Pineda is continuously looking for ways to keep the people under his jurisdiction safe from COVID-19.

Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit disclosed that as of 3 pm of March 27, there are six positive COVID-19 cases in Pampanga wherein three had already died.