Quezon has 9 confirmed COVID-19 cases

March 29, 2020

LUCENA CITY--- Three more cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were recorded in Quezon province bringing the number of cases to nine.

In its 12:30 p.m. report today (Sunday), the Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO) said that aside from the latest two confirmed virus carriers, two more from this city and one from Candelaria were listed.

Prior to the three, the health officer reported six confirmed COVID-19 cases in the province — three from this city and one each from Sariaya and Sampaloc towns.

She also said there is another confirmed case from the island town of Polillo in Northern Quezon but the patient is now under quarantine in an undisclosed medical facility in Metro Manila.

Aside ftom the 9 confirmed cases, IPHO also listed 153 validated suspected carriers of the virus classified as persons under investigation (PUI) as of Saturday.

The IPHO previously reported the deaths of three probable victims of COVID-19.

However, one of the casualties tested negative of the virus when the laboratory test result came out.