A 29-YEAR-OLD woman helping fix the lights at the wake of her departed aunt ended up dead after being electrocuted inside their house in Dapitan City in Zamboanga del Norte last Wednesday morning, police said.
A report from the Police Regional Office 9 said Dolly Mae Ong was testing the funeral lights at their house in Sitio Dap-dap in Bgy. Banonong when she was suddenly electrocuted at 9:30 a.m.
The victim died on the spot.
PRO9 director Chief Supt. Emmanuel Luis Licup said the Dapitan City Police Station has launched an investigation into the incident.