Home>News>Metro>Spectacular fireworks display on Chinese New Year – Mayor Honey
Metro

Spectacular fireworks display on Chinese New Year – Mayor Honey

2023 Chinese New Year in Manila
Mayor Honey Lacuna with city administrator Bernie Ang and Vice Mayor Yul Servo. (JERRY S. TAN)

MANILANS will be treated to a spectacular fireworks display in connection with the celebration of the Chinese New Year.

This was announced by Mayor Honey Lacuna, who said that the spectacle will be held at the newly-built Filipino-Chinese Friendship Bridge or Binondo–Intramuros Bridge, a tied-arch bridge that spans the Pasig River and connects Muelle de Binondo in Binondo and in San Nicolas, to Solana Street and Riverside Drive in Intramuros.

Lacuna said this, as she thanked City Administrator Bernie Ang for having pooled the support of Chinese-Filipinos in sponsoring the fireworks display exhibited at the Jones Bridge during New Year’s eve.

With the said display as basis, Lacuna expressed optimism that more is to be expected on the eve of the Chinese New Year that falls on the midnight of January 21, since the Chinese New Year’s Day will be on January 22.

The lady mayor also announced that she had been holding a series of meetings with concerned agencies and and departments in recent days, in preparation for the forthcoming celebration of the Chinese-Filipinos in Manila, which is host to the country’s biggest Chinatown in Ongpin.

According to Lacuna, more activities have been lined up for this year’s celebration, with the easing of rules stemming from the continuing decrease in COVID cases.

Itchie G. Cabayan
DIRECT HIT entertains comments, suggestions or complaints. Please have them emailed to [email protected] or text 0917-3132168.