IMUS CITY, Cavite — To avoid the spread of coronavirus disease, Cavite police will strictly enforce the guidelines issued by Gov. Juanito Victor ‘Jonvic’ Remulla Jr for the commemoration of All Saints and All Souls Day amid the pandemic.
This as the national government had earlier issued an order closing cemeteries from October 28 to November 2, 2020.
“We in the Cavite PNP, we will implement all the directives of the Governor Remulla, for all cemeteries and memorial parks in seven cities and 16 towns,” said Cavite Provincial Police Director – Police Colonel Marlon Santos.
“Because of the pandemic, we still need to be reminded repeatedly of minimum health guidelines including physical distancing. There are already 11,256 COVID-19 cases in the province based on the Department of Health (DoH) Center for Health Development (CHD) Calabarzon COVID update dated October 7, 2020,” said Remulla.
“I know that the All Saint’s and All Soul’s is one of the most important and sacred observations of Filipino Catholics,” Remulla posted on Facebook page recently.
The provincial government allows visit to cemeteries from October 1 to 27 and November 3 onward.
The other guidelines are:
Panchong (Caviteno dialect of Cemetery) will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. only, no overnight stay, Eating in the place is forbidden even in private and mausoleum.
Bringing, selling and drinking liquor are prohibited even selling and bringing foods and beverages are forbidden.
Respective local governments of 7 cities and 16 towns will have released the allowable number of persons inside the cemetery.
All the people entering the place must wear face masks and face shields, karaoke or videoke and noisy singing are prohibited. Children under 18 years old are not allowed to go to the cemetery.
According to Remulla. “I know it is difficult but young people are more contagious and spread the disease than adults. I know that policies like this are not pro-Filipino. But we can do nothing.
We need to overcome the crisis caused by COVID-19” Remulla.
“No need to put a Police assistance Desk in the cemetery on October 28 to November 2, 2020, However, we will instruct to conduct frequent patrols to monitor all our cemeteries (both public and memorial parks) to check their compliance on the closure order of the government,” said Police Colonel Marlon Santos.
“We think visitors will flock starting on the 3rd week of October, specially on weekends and we will provide a police assistance desk if deemed necessary Colonel,” Santos added.Publication Source : People's Tonight